Re: [Amps] 572B bias

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572B bias
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:28:01 +0100
carl s. wrote:
>  I had seen somewhere a voltage doubler mod. for amps that used
>Svetlana tubes in the FL2100B , but I wonder about the ant. relay
>having twice the voltage on it than original.Can anyone tell me if that
>is safe
>?? I don't want to burn up a relay.!!

The voltage "doubler" mod by K1KP/K6XX is almost certainly safe because
it uses the existing relay supply rail, and only gives the relay a very
short kick of increased voltage. All the rest of the time the relay is
energized, it is operating at its normal voltage.

There are details and further links at:
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/in-prac/best-of.htm#speedup

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK