[Amps] MLA-2500 Multimeter Needed

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] MLA-2500 Multimeter Needed
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:14:47 -0400
During my conversion process on my MLA-2500 I inadvertently fried the
multimeter.  Anyone out there in Amps land have a meter they are not
planning on using?  Also, does anyone know what the full scale current is on
the meter?  Since only the guts are bad, even a really ugly one would be
usable.  When I first notice that the meter was very erratic I put a pair of
diodes(1 in each direction) across the meter and it made the meter become
totally silent, no readings at all.  Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,
Bob  W6TR

BTW, the amp works great.  I just tune it for maximum smoke. 50W of drive
into the pair of 8874's produce 1000W output, and the EBM blower cools it
great and is super quiet.  The Harbach step start for $20 was a bargain.
>From the clicking noises of the relays it seems to be delaying the onslaught
by about 1 second.