Re: [Amps] shipping damage

To: w8ji@w8ji.com, carlseye@tampabay.rr.com, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] shipping damage
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:30:22 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/2006 6:57:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
w8ji@w8ji.com writes:

How  would you handle that? The first time something poorly
packed was damaged  the shipper would still get all the
blame.

73 Tom

I was once told by someone or a shipping company don't remember which, that
when you pack something you should keep in mind the following:  Do I think  my
packing would protect the item if it fell 3 feet to a concrete floor?
Assuming an amp like an SB-220, I would think that a very good packing job
would
be in order.  I have shipped many of these amps and I felt confident about
that trip to the concrete floor, yet on a couple of occasions they still
managed
to break them.  Shippers don't like to pay claims even when insured, it's a
hassle.
Lou