Re: [Amps] 3CPX vs 3CX tubes

To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CPX vs 3CX tubes
From: "Mike Krzystyniak K9MK" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:05:51 -0500
   I have tried 3CPX800's in my Henry 2002A and 2004A amps.  The tube is
physically taller than the standard tube by about a tenth of an inch.  So
the teflon chimney to exhaust port that is part of the tank compartment
cover would not seal without forcing it (which I chose not to do).

   For HF applications with plenty of exhaust headroom there probably is no
issue.

   Caveat Emptor

Mike  K9MK/5