Re: [Amps] DIN Connector

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] DIN Connector
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:56:57 +0000

Bob Maser wrote:
> Someone told me that folks are using a "DIN" connector for the output of a
> high power amp.  I need some specifics so I can go get one.  I'm looking for
> something that will handle at least 5KW(I like to transmit into the dummy
> load).
I guess you're looking for the '7/16' connector - not inches, but 7mm
inner conductor, 16mm outer. All the major manufacturers have product
lines. A big part of the design was to minimise IMD in base station
installations. They are lovely to handle. I have one wonderful variant -
a 7/16 socket with RG58 cable entry.

Steve