[Amps] METER PROGRAM

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] METER PROGRAM
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 23:38:17 -0600
GUYS,

I thought I'd make a quick review of Jim Tonne's (Tonne Software)  Meter
program.  Someone had asked about rescaling meters a while ago and yesterday
I performed 4 meter rescales with this software.

In the past I had paid a substantial premium to a meter wholesaler to custom
scale my Simpson 1327 meters.  As a single unit production type operation,
this added considerable cost to my projects.

I found the software fairly easy to use.  It requires you to have handy a
measuring device of METRIC variety.  You enter all the meter plate
measurements and you are quickly able to PREVIEW the results.  I was able to
make a single change and see its result.

The process steps through menu item to next menu item across the page to
configure the meter and make adjustments.

Once the first meter was completed (couple hours which included learning to
use the program) I was able to make the minor changes to each additional
meter within about ten minutes.

I found using a quality grade of semi-gloss / matte photo paper left me with
a result equal to but more colorful than the stock Simpson meter face.

I had pushed the capabilities of the program and resulted in a printing
error after midnight, Jim Tonne had responded to my issue with a fix before
I got up this morning.

I highly recommend this program.  It is capable of providing you with
professional results if you can cut, trim and paste like a professional.

The preview of the software allows you to bring it up 10 times and print.
However after actually using this stuff the $24.95 purchase price is well
worth the price.

BOB DD