Re: [Amps] Protection circuits

To: tjjapha@earthlink.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Protection circuits
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:43:04 GMT
Hi Tony,
   An old Motorola app. note, AR510 covers the SWR topic.   It is a
reprint of an article from the February 1991 issue of "RF Design" magazine.

   A simple diode level detector should be suitable for the
overdrive/ALC function.

73 & Good morning,
   Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/

-- "ANTHONY JAPHA" <tjjapha@earthlink.net> wrote:
I'm building the EB104 600 watt solid state amp. described in June '06 QST.
I'm concerned about operating into a high (or moderate) SWR, and thought
that an SWR protection circuit would be a useful additon to the amp.  Also
an overdrive protection circuit would be nice.  Can anyone point me to a
suitable circuit or 2?

Many thanks for any advice and 73,
Tony, N2UN