Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE) TUBES FOR SALE

To: Gudguyham@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE) TUBES FOR SALE
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:35:34 +0000
Gudguyham@aol.com wrote:
> Offering for sale a rare find in tubes.  A matched pair of industrial
> YC-257's  These tubes are the industrial strength type 3CPX1500A7  tubes.
> Plate
> voltage higher than regular 8877 5KV+.  More power, less  drive, very durable
> tubes!  Directly replaceable for 8877 tube no  problem.  These tubes go for
> over
> $1500 each.  Offering as a "pair"  for dual 8877 users for $800.00.  Will
> only
> split them up for a single sale  for $500.00 for one tube.  Tested and
> guaranteed FULL POWER OUTPUT!!   Thanks 73 Lou

If they produce more power and less drive, they can hardly be termed
direct replacements can they? The 8877 are sold for industrial purposes.
They are not made just for hams.

Sounds if they are more than a bit dissimilar. That's not to say they
won't work in a particular amplifier, but I'd hardly call such a tube an
8877 or 3CPX1500A7. Steve says the size is different too.

In any case, and 8877 is *not* a 3CPX1500A7 - its an 3CX1500A7.