Re: [Amps] power supply transformer

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] power supply transformer
From: kg7hf@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:37:49 +0000
Thanks to everyone for the information, especially the information on "direct
rectification" of the ac mains.  I hadn't thought about the DC current being an
issue on the neutral side, is that really an issue, after all, the neutral is
really the same path as the ground.  I really do want to have an isolation
transformer, so I will continue to look for ones that meet my needs.  From the
limited web search I have done previously, it seems the transformer I need is
very expensive, more than just a few hundred dollars.  As for a ramping
circuit, I didn't think of that either.

I have a pdf of my power supply schematic, I would definately welcome input on
it if anyone would be willing to look it over.

Basically, I'm attempting to repruduce this, but need a power supply
http://www.arrl.org/qex/2006/09/qx9ohsawa.pdf I guess that I could get 12v  X
10 batteries, after all, that is how they did it in the old days!

Thanks,
Paul.  (KG7HF)