Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from ebay, update

To: rbonner@qro.com, larry@w7iuv.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from ebay, update
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:26:30 EST

In a message dated 1/27/2007 6:36:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rbonner@qro.com writes:

Not only  is it unprofessional to "STICK" another guy with a bad tube, but it
will  get you a very bad reputation quickly.  I learned this basic  philosophy
from Tom Bruckner who he and I had traded on many tubes over the  years (him
always buying from me)

Tom Bruckner is a friend of mine and I have bought many tubes from  him.  Got
one brand new in the box 8877 that was bad.  Sent it back to  him, he
verified it was bad and gave me another new tube.  I have dealt  with him
several
times.  When we go to hamfests, its a race to see who gets  the worm.  Hi Hi.
could not believe how much money third world  counties pay for 4-400's for
there old fashion AM broadcast transmitters.  YIKES!  No tubes means they are
off
the air.  He ships over night to  them.

On another note, My general rule is NOT to sell a tube that I do not know
the condition of.  ANYTHING that you see me offer has been tested and I  know
exactly the condition of the tube.  Once I had a set of tubes I could  not test
because I had no means.  Sent the tubes to a buyer with no money  sent me,
agreement was, if tubes are good he send me $XXX.XX dollars.  I  had a check
promptly thereafter.   Lou