Re: [Amps] How best to reduce filament voltage?

To: "w2cqm@juno.com" <w2cqm@juno.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] How best to reduce filament voltage?
From: Norman Hockler <sanorm@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:48:27 -0500
Ron,

Install a resistor on the primary side of the transformer.  Much
lower current and the resistors will act as a
soft start for the filament to damp the inrush when you first turn on
power.  Set the resistor value with the
tube on and warm  There are many sliding tap resistors available from
the distributors or a fixed one will
work as well. Ohms law calculation to determine the value.

de Norm N8NH