Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 51, Issue 10

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 51, Issue 10
From: kg7hf@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:15:21 +0000
I'm doing a small presentation (tonight) for our local radio club regarding DSP
and it's uses.  I ran accross something fairly interesting, but is somewhat
last minute, and want to mention it in passing.

I found an article of using a class D amplifier and use envelope restoration
and outphasing to correct distortion.  I think this uses PWM techniques.  Can
anyone give me the 2 minute 30K foot view of how this works.

On a related...maybe unrelated topic...Does anyone have this book on their
bookshelf?  How is it for the begining amplifier builder, is it worth the $130?

RF Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications by Steve Cripps
Thanks,
Paul