Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 51, Issue 10

To: kg7hf@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 51, Issue 10
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 00:57:31 GMT
Hi Paul,
  I haven't seen the book you mentioned but, here's a recent book that
explains EER & many similar schemes:

  "High-Linearity RF Amplifier Design" by Peter B. Keningtion  -- ISBN
 1-58053-143-1

  And for some historical references take a look at this old posting:

 http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Amps/2001-05/msg00317.html

73 & Good afternoon,
  Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/

-- kg7hf@comcast.net wrote:

I'm doing a small presentation (tonight) for our local radio club
regarding DSP and it's uses.  I ran accross something fairly
interesting, but is somewhat last minute, and want to mention it in
passing.

I found an article of using a class D amplifier and use envelope
restoration and outphasing to correct distortion.  I think this uses
PWM techniques.  Can anyone give me the 2 minute 30K foot view of how
this works.

On a related...maybe unrelated topic...Does anyone have this book on
their bookshelf?  How is it for the begining amplifier builder, is it
worth the $130?

RF Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications by Steve Cripps
Thanks,
Paul