[Amps] Bee's wax to hold screws

To: <FLBOATANCHORS@yahoogroups.com>, <Boatanchors@mailman.qth.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Bee's wax to hold screws
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:55:39 -0400
I have to share this with others as it worked so well. While working on an
amplifier I had some small screws to remove and replace that were buried
deep where you could only get a screw driver in and not even room for a pair
of long nose pliers.

I loosened the screws up to where they were almost out. Then put a very
small piece of bee's wax on the end of the screw driver. It held the screw
very well for removal and subsequent reinstallation.

These were Phillips head screws. I don't know of a tool made to hold them.

Where do you get bee's wax? I found some in an old IF can from an old radio.
The coil was covered with it. Just a very small amount is needed. I removed
and reused the same small piece of wax for several different screws.

Hope this saves you some grief some day.

73

Gary  K4FMX