Re: [Amps] Bee's wax to hold screws

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bee's wax to hold screws
From: "W5CUL" <w5cul@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:54:25 -0500
Hi All,

I use a spring loaded 4 fingered "Parts Grabber".  For those hard to reach
areas, I place the screw head within the fingers of the parts grabber and
start the screw that way. Or when extracting a screw, I will use a normal
screw driver to loosen the screw 3/4's of the way and then use the parts
grabber to finish the job.  There is nothing more frustrating than dropping
a small screw in an obscure hard to reach area.

Here is a hyper-link to a Soldering & Assembly website that contains such a
tool; reference only, not a specifically suggested manufacturer.

http://www.aimelectronics.com/productcatalog/eclipse-soldering
<http://www.aimelectronics.com/productcatalog/eclipse-soldering&assembly.htm
> &assembly.htm

Scroll down the page until you come across a "3-Pronged Parts Grabber".  For
this particular one, the casing is made of plastic, and the fingers are
metal.  Mine is an all medal assembly, and I can't remember where I got it.

Hope this helps.

73,

Mike

W5CUL