Re: [Amps] RE : amp hardware

To: "'Barrie Smith'" <barrie@centric.net>, <amps@contesting.com>,"'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE : amp hardware
From: "Robert Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:25:21 -0500
The magic word is: PRESS NUT

BOB DD

-----Original Message-----
From: amps-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:amps-bounces@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Barrie Smith
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:13 PM
To: amps@contesting.com; Pete Smith

Another option is a device I use at times (can't remember the name at the
moment.  It's at home and I'm at work.) is a largish pair of pliers that
presses a special nut into a certain hole size.

Captive nut?

Anyway, the pliers aren't really pliers, but are designed to sort of rivet
these special nuts intp an exact sized hole; the hole size depending upon
the size of the nut.

It also presses in standoff-type nuts, which are hand for mounting a panel
or board somewhat above the main chassis.

When I first obtained this device I experimented with it to see how strong
the system was.    In a vice, and using large pliers, I bent 1/8' aluminum
well before I was able to pull the nut free.

73, Barrie, W7ALW