[Amps] Fw: Support For the Bean Pusher

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fw: Support For the Bean Pusher
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:51:57 -0700
I would like to give a little support to the bean counter/pusher.  It seems
he (or she) has been maligned in recent posts.  So, I feel obligated to
support them:

1. Every time a component is removed, there is one less part to fail, which
would increase reliability, which may increase the approval of the customer.

2.  Recently, we visited a relative of my wife.  In their living room was a
beautiful wood cabinet of an old console radio.  I went to turn it on and
was told it did not work.  My wife volunteered that I could fix it.  So, I
brought it home.  Was I glad to see, when I opened it up, that it was a 5
tube radio in this glorious box, rather than a 12 tube super heterodyne
deluxe with double rf stage, noise limiting and other tubes.  The 5 tube set
was much easier to work on - especially since all they wanted to do was pick
up the local broadcast station.

3.  Customers speak with their pocket book, and they often choose the
cheapest product they can find.  If you are not competitive, you go out of
business.  Looking back at the radio manufacturers of the past, I do not
think many of them went out of business because they had too many bean
counters.  Perhaps it was their design engineers who did not come up with
new designs that customers wanted.

There, I have supported the bean counters.  Now, I would also state that I
do not want one of their close to the maintenance department of the airline
I fly upon.

73,  Colin  K7FM