Re: [Amps] 230v wiring question

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 230v wiring question
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:56:32 -0400
> This means wiring, so far as voltage drop or voltage
> regulation is concerned, has to be significantly heavier
> than the same average power with a purely resistive load.

Good information, Tom.  This is one reason why I replaced the excessively
long #18 AWG line cords on my Alpha amps and replaced them with #10 AWG.

In addition to the line cords, I am using #10  between the shack and load
center.  30-amp 4-pole twist lock plugs to a 30-amp breaker.

If the load center wasn't already conveniently on breakers, I would also
bring out a shack sub-panel and use fuses rather than breakers.

Paul, W9AC