Re: [Amps] resonant filter tspa

To: "Jim Tonne" <tonne@comcast.net>,"Angel Vilaseca" <avilaseca@bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: [Amps] resonant filter tspa
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:56:43 -0400
FYI....

My Globe Scout has hundreds of volts AC across the choke,
and an ALS-600PS has 30-40 volts of reasonably nice 120Hz AC
(50 volt DC ouput) across the choke.

The wave across the choke should have a P-P of about half
the supply voltage.

As a matter of fact I moved the choke to the transformer CT
and rectify it to get screen and bias voltages. I made an
entire 250 volt negative (grid block keying) and positve
supply (oscillator and screen grids) by retifying the choke
AC, augmenting the normal single voltage 650 volt supply the
Scout uses!!! Screen, bias, and HV from one single CT HV
winding and a choke.

Nothing else from me until after Dayton..

73 Tom