[Amps] Help with a TE Systems 2M VHF Amp problem

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "Ntms-Request" <ntms@itexas.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Help with a TE Systems 2M VHF Amp problem
From: "Mike Krzystyniak K9MK" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 10:44:25 -0500
Thanks for reading this...

   I have a friends TE System 1452G on the bench with a peculiar problem.
In SSB mode, with the amp in the "out" position, engaging the preamp with
the front panel switch causes the preamp relay to chatter for seconds to
tens of seconds. However, if the amp is in the "in" position, the pre-amp
relay engages smoothly and there is no chatter.  The RF detector around the
pre amp appears to be a knock off of the type used in a QSA-5, but I am not
seeing what might be inter dependency from the amp "In - Out" positions.  It
is almost as if the curcuit is marginally or conditionally stable. Has
anyone seen this one before?  Thought and comments would be appreciated.

73's  Mike K9MK/5