[Amps] Alpha 87A Grid Current in Idle

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 87A Grid Current in Idle
From: Dan White <hdwhite@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:00:54 -0500
Does anyone know what the grid current LED on an 87A should show when
the amp is keyed but in idle without RF in? Mine is now lighting up the
1st LED when the amp is keyed, no RF. It does not light up when the amp
is either unkeyed in operate or when in standby mode. I had never
noticed this, so I do not know if it is something new. Also, the Ip has
no LEDS on in idle.

Any input from others familiar with the 87A would be appreciated.

Dan
WB5DNT