[Amps] Collins 8020 Amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Collins 8020 Amplifier
From: "Adrian Rees" <rees.a@btconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:27:12 +0100
Hi guys
I'd appreciate your comments on the following...

I have been offered a Collins 8020 HF amp and matching 8030 Power Supply.
I havn't seen the amp yet, and don't have any more information, apart from the
fact that the vendor considers that its Valved (Tubed) and uses a 4CX1500.From
an internet search, I have found a Collins 8020 HF Amp, with matching 8030
Power Supply, but the amp uses semiconductors. ie Transistors.

So you guys with a knowledge of Collins gear may be able to shed some light ?

I know its Rack mounted (which doesn't bother me) so I'm looking comments and
thoughts about it.

Regards

Adrian MW1LCR