Re: [Amps] Collins 8020 Amplifier

To: "Adrian Rees" <rees.a@btconnect.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Collins 8020 Amplifier
From: Karl-Arne Markström <sm0aom@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:16:21 +0200
The Rockwell/Collins HF-8020 + HF-8030 PS was the first HF amplifier in the
HF-80 system.

It was introduced in the late 70's. A later solid-state system was the HF-8023
+ HF-8032 PS
which is early 80's vintage.
Both amplifiers expect to be driven with up to 100 mW from the HF-8010 series
exciter, which provides
band-select information and the "tuning-handshake" logic.

Some variants have an internal band-select logic and could be driven by any
exciter that delivers 100 mW

Use of HF-8020's in professional installations have been fairly common i
Canada,
where I have seen them "in the flesh" in the 90's.

Finally, be sure to get hold of the interconnecting cables between the PA and
PS.
The connectors used are scarce and expensive.

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM