[Amps] Dentron 1200L

To: <AMPS@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [Amps] Dentron 1200L
From: "TROY D SINGLETON" <n5ark@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:34:13 -0600
Hello,

First of all let me say I have never owned a amp before now. I never thought
I needed one. I purchased a Dentron 1200-L Off of ebay a few weeks back. The
problem I am having is how to hook the amp up. I know this sounds stupid but
I dont have a manual or anything for this amp. I hooked the coax cables up
and selected the band and set the load to 3. I sent out a CW tone and tried
tuning the thing but nothing on the meter changed. The plate voltage still
says 1800 and any selector I change nothing happens. When I got to transmitt
there is no clicking in the amp or anything. I dont have a power meter at
this time but I dont think nothing is going out of the amp. Do I need to
hook anyhting else up..Relay-Alc? I am as lost as a goose in a snow storm. I
am tring to run this amp with a kenwood 570D. Any help would be much
apreciated. I am diasabled and not able to lift this amp around much to work
on it. So that makes things even more difficult. If I do remove the top
cover what should I look for and or test.

Thanks
N5ARK