Re: [Amps] Dentron 1200L

To: "TROY D SINGLETON" <n5ark@comcast.net>, <AMPS@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dentron 1200L
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 10:04:39 -0700
Hi Troy. The amp has an internal relay which needs to be closed to amplify
the 570D output. The back contacts of this relay bypass the amp sending the
570D output thru to the antenna. It makes no difference whether the amp is
turned on or not that is what happens. The relay must be closed to send the
570D output to the amp input and connect the antenna to the amp output. The
Relay terminal on the amp needs to be shorted to pull in the amp relay and
transmit using the amp. Some people use a foot switch to short those relay
terminals when they want to transmit. Others use a connector on the rear of
their transceiver to do the job. There is one caution here. On many xcvrs
their internal switching circuit has a maximum voltage and current it can
handle. You need to check this in your manual. Many of the older amplifiers
use an internal relay with a coil voltage of 100 volts or so and the xcvr
switching circuit may be damaged trying to use this setup. If that is the
case in your xcvr/amp then you may need something between the two.
73, Dan, N5AR