Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:48:09 -0400
The 811A is decsended from the pre war 811 and the much earlier 211 with
most internal problems still intact. However the USA tube is factory rated
to 54 or 60 MHz depending on the manufacturer and where/when you read the
specs.

>From what Ive seen of some commercial ham amps over the decades Edison is
alive and well.
The much touted Collins 30L1 is another example and is well known to be
squirrely on 10M even with Mil Spec RCA 811A's much less the Chinese and
Russian versions.
The Dentron Clipperton L, & Hunter Bandit 2000 are examples of 4 x 572B amps
that have issues.

Converting the SB-200 to a 6M monobander is simple and straightforeward when
basic design principles are followed. Ive been doing those conversions since
the late 60's and it is completely stable and repeatable. Power output and
efficiency is the same or better than a good stock unit on say 20M.

Carl
KM1H