Re: [Amps] Looking to purchase a good 6 meter amplifier

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <PJPilot@aol.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking to purchase a good 6 meter amplifier
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:20:14 -0500

To just handle 100% modulation peaks on AM:

It doesn't matter what the amplifier efficiency is. The carrier efficiency
for good linear AM, carrier efficiency will be exactly 1/2 of the PEP
efficiency if the amp is set up properly to just handle 100% modulation
peaks. To handle greater than 100% peaks carrier efficiency has to be less
than 1/2 of PEP efficiency.

Carrier output power will be 1/4 of PEP output power when set up for 100%
modulation peaks.

73
Gary  K4FMX