Re: [Amps] 4PR1000A

To: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4PR1000A
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:59:53 -0400 (EDT)
The 4PR1000A would make an interesting diode detector in a broadcast band
receiver.  It would have a very high immunity to overload.  Tie the grids to
the plate.  It will be pretty immune to nearby nuclear blasts and possibly
could handle minor lightning strikes.

Another possibility would be to connect the filament to a 220 volt 400 amp
service and make a flashbulb out of it.  In that case, I would bring over some
friends, a couple cases of beer and appropriate eye shields and flip the
switch.  A 400 amp fuse might be useful, too, with medium delay.

I think they will also work as fishing floats.

Colin  K7FM