Re: [Amps] wanted suitable blower for 8877 tube

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] wanted suitable blower for 8877 tube
From: "David G4FTC" <g4ftc@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:51:48 +0000

From: "jeremy-ca"

Looking thru the EBM site I find no listings for the R2E series below 133.
Are the ones you mentioned discontinued?
www.ebmpapst.us/index.asp

I took the data/part numbers for my original postings from a hardcopy of an old EBM-Ziehl catalogue.

Although they are now EBM-Papst the part numbers I quoted are still valid according to their UK website.

However comparing both the US and UK websites and it would appear that there are some differences between the US and UK catalogues.

The US datasheet http://www.ebmpapst.us/allpdfs/G2E085.PDF shows the ?G? prefix blowers (G2E085 AA01-05) as being 60Hz whereas page 60 of the relevant UK catalogue section
http://www.ebmpapst.co.uk/Assets/PDF/catalogues/epM_Centrifugal_AC.pdf (8Mb)
shows part number G2E085 AA01-01 as being the 50Hz unit and R2E085 AA01-05 as being the 60Hz unit.

Perhaps the G/R prefix in reality doesn?t matter and it?s the ?01 or ?05 suffix that?s the key.

Regards

David G4FTC