Re: [Amps] SB-200 circuit breakers

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 circuit breakers
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:09:28 -0400
> I guess I didn't explain it right.  What I meant is that
> after it cools
> down, I can manually reset the breaker.  If I push on it
> right after it
> trips, it won't reset.  Actually, after a while I can hear
> an audible
> 'click' and then I can manually reset it.
> Tom W7WHY

Tom,

If you have one breaker knocking the amp off and you are
using it on 120V, you have a wiring or transformer problem.

BOTH breakers have to open on 120 to dump the PA. If ONE
breaker opens it means you are running only on one primary.
This will cause a big problem.

Second, if the amp is on 240 and running OK but  a breaker
opens it is almost certainly a bad breaker. That is very
common for thermal breakers that have been popped a lot in
their lifetime.

Don't start ripping into the amp for VERY unlikely things
like capacitors when it is most likely to be a open primary
or primary wiring or a simple common bad breaker.

73 Tom