Re: [Amps] SB-200 circuit breakers

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 circuit breakers
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:54:08 -0400
There are some errors in your explanation also.

If a tube is taking off as an unneutralized oscillator it wont usually pop
anything except the breaker. Therefore my suggestion to take the cover off
and watch things. If its a 4 month old tube then there may be a warranty.

If the breaker is on the edge then it wont take much more additional current
to pop. Changing resistors was mentioned strictly to cut down on the heat
right next to the caps.

With over 250 SB-200 conversions behind me Ive only seen one bad breaker.
This does not say that his isnt bad.

Instead of coming right out in the first sentence with insults aimed at all
who offered suggestions you would have more credibility by toning down the
sarcasm.

Carl
KM1H