Re: [Amps] crossmodulation in PA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] crossmodulation in PA
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:46:03 +0200 (CEST)
Over the years, this has been a well known problem on ships at HF, especially
where they run full duplex telephony. Not that many do these days in the
commercial field, but the military have a lot of experience of these effects.
Somewhere I've a conference paper given some 20 odd years ago from the UK MoD
people on the subject, which told how they traced it on anumber of ships. I
remember them having a problem because in some cases, below a certain power
level it disappeared abruptly.. Fortunately, the characteristics of tetrodes
generally  make the transmitter  a negligible contributor, but the external
environment is another matter. Worse at sea, of course because you've  got
continuous corrosion!

73
Peter  G3RZP