Re: [Amps] crossmodulation in PA ? Thanks for all good??advice

To: k0rc@pclink.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] crossmodulation in PA ? Thanks for all good??advice
From: K8MLM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 18:08:14 EDT

Not quite true.

Look at MLI-B-5087B, Military Specification - Bonding, Electrical, and
Lightning Protection for Aerospace Systems and the FAA Lightning Protection
Handbook, DOT/FAA/CT89/22.  My copies are old, but bonding straps are  provided
at
Flap and control surface hinges to prevent welding from lightning  currents.
Many aircraft are hit by lightning while in  flight.  Would you want to be
riding on one without properly bonded  airframe and control surfaces?

A good lightning strike at the top beam could weld the rotor  bearings.  Of
course a strike that welded the bearings would also  probably destroy the motor
windings and trash the rotor anyway.  The  bearings would be the least
problem.

Bob

K8MLM

In a message dated 9/7/2007 11:47:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,