Re: [Amps] 6 mtrs:

To: km1h@jeremy.mv.com, carlseye@verizon.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 6 mtrs:
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 01:20:14 EDT

In a message dated 9/24/2007 5:52:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
km1h@jeremy.mv.com writes:

If those  who know are afraid to tell us ( meatheads?) it doesn't
> seem to  me  that they are indeed "Hams" in the purest sense of the
>  word.!!!!!  If they are NOT hams , they seemining don't belong on  this
> list.!!!!!

There has to be something said here for the fact that Carl (KM1H) and  myself
have very successfully converted SB-200's to 6 meters, and getting  700-800
watts out of them depending on how "hot" the whole conversion works  out.  I
don't think anything is specific, but  to simply say a 572  should not work on
6
meters is hogwash.  They may rate it to 30mhz, but  they do work at 50mhz.
If I was to have to answer the question "WHY", I  guess something has to be
said for the fact that we are using a SINGLE band tank  circuit, which holds
the
stray "C" and "L" to a minimum ie..no long leads going  to  a tank circuit far
away from the load and tune caps.  This is  where instability can arise. SO
in a nutshell I'd say WE make them work because  we make them a single band
amp.  The parameters of the tube are as good or  better than what you see on 80
meters.  Does this answer your  question???????????????????  Lou W1QJ