[Amps] Amplifier Distortion / Tuning / Etc.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Amplifier Distortion / Tuning / Etc.
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:48:02 -0400
Good Day All,

Well, from the bits & pieces that I've managed to read here lo these many days
(before poking the delete button, that is!), it would seem that a great fracas
has arisen within our "...Amp Nation" as to the whys & wherefores of proper
adjustment & tuning of our grounded-grid linears...and that it has degenerated
into the lowest common denominator of slur slinging and name calling...

Tsk-tsk!

About a year ago, when I attempted to solicit some level-headed factual
feedback as to the proper operation of a g-g amplifier's loading control to
minimize / eliminate key clicks --- quoting Bill Orr's statement in his RADIO
HANDBOOKs about increasing loading until RF output drops a certain percentage
--- I received a total of but ONE single response...

Where were all of you experts then?

I guess I would have generated far more "traffic" had I first prefaced my query
with a personal assault upon some person's (living, or dead) intelligence,
moral character, or personal hygiene...or, maybe instead, I should have first
introduced my question with high praises for Mssrs. Lew McCoy, Doug DeMaw, and
Bill Orr, to grab the attention of those specific gurus who might now jealously
lay claim to their "legacies"...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ