Re: [Amps] re resonating hv choke in hv power supply

To: Fern Rivard <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] re resonating hv choke in hv power supply
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:49:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Fern,
  You don't want the system to transit resonance when
the current increases in the choke or bad things may
occur...

  Setting the resonance slightly to the high side at
low current is correct so, you'll need a .15uF part
rated at least 2X the supply voltage.

  It is also good practice to add a spark gap across
the choke to protect both it and the resonating
capacitor.

73 & Good afternoon,
  Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/