Re: [Amps] 50 Ohm Loads

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 50 Ohm Loads
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:13:35 -0500
As one forum member pointed out 50KW BCB water cooled dummy loads use
nichrome elements with a fixed cap to cancel the reactance. That is not a
"narrow range".

Measuring a true non inductive resistor with an Ohmeter should not be any
different than using more elaborate methods at MF or low HF frequencies. We
are not interested in calculating out to several decimal places; simply
establishing a baseline is sufficient. At VHF and above Bird and others use
sophisticated techniques in their dummy loads to cancel or minimize VSWR
degradation.

Carl
KM1H