[Amps] ALS500M MOD?

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] ALS500M MOD?
From: "Terry ONeill" <cpa599@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:11:00 -0500
I want to drive my AL500M with my Elecraft K-2 (5-10 watts of drive)as
well as my other 100 watt rigs. Looking at the Al500's circuit I see a
network of 100 ohm 3 watt swamping resistors at the input. The
2sc2879's only require 5-7 watts of drive for full output.

I'd like to install a mod whereby I can switch the resistors in/out of
the circuit depending on which exciter i am using.

What mods should I do to the AL500 to accomplish my goal? Can any of
you RF engineers out there help me out?

Terry
W8EJO