[Amps] LK-500ZB

To: amps@contesting.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] LK-500ZB
From: kg7hf@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 05:24:04 +0000
Hello all,

I'm looking at an LK-500ZB that doesn't seem quite right anymore.  I've had the
amp for about a year now and it seems to have been working great.  Now, I'm
having a problem getting 10 meters to tune.  All other bands 160 - 15 are ok,
full output and what I would call easy to tune.  When I switch to 10 everything
goes crazy.  By this I mean that using the Plate tune causes the swr between
the dummy load and the amp to go up and down radically.  Using the load control
can produce output, but no pronounced dip on the plate current.  Both the plate
current and grid current change violently when trying to use the plate and load
tune.  This only happens on 10m.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul - KG7HF