Re: [Amps] Re. SB-220

To: "Roy" <royanjoy@ncn.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re. SB-220
From: "Nils P. Pedersen" <la7sl@online.no>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:59:09 +0100
For HV wire I always use special ignition cable bought
from a local racing shop. It has a good diameter multistrand copper
conductor (good for 10A or more without
heating) the insulation ( foam/teflon) is resistant to oil ,
most chemicals and high temperatures. Mechanically and electrically
excellent quality. Insulation guaranteed to withstand 45 Kvolts at least.
The cable is flexible and has an OD slightly less than RG213.
You can buy any length. Short or long. Expensive but superb.
Ask at a well equipped car tuning and racing shop. They use this cable
for dragsters and really hot engines.
Peter
LA7SL