Re: [Amps] What is the best way to run a pair of 4-1000 tubesgrounded Gr

To: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] What is the best way to run a pair of 4-1000 tubesgrounded Grid or another way? For 10 t
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:49:49 -0500
Hams were running dual 4-1000A's long before CBers and there are plenty of
those and bigger amps on the air today. Some simply want to always be the
loudest and first in a pileup and dont care about laws.

At a "reasonable" 4500V a single 4x1 will easily put out in excess of 1500W
24/7 in CW, SSB and RTTY as long as the air supply is sufficient and the
other components are able to handle that duty.

OTOH, a single 8877 will put out 2500W at a lower voltage.

Carl
KM1H