Re: [Amps] HV Supplies and Diodes

To: "Jim Tonne" <tonne@comcast.net>, "Dennis W0JX" <w0jx@yahoo.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Supplies and Diodes
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 17:47:15 -0500
I find it a bit strange and somewhat comical that the only ones that appear
to champion resistors and capacitors across any series string of 1N540x
diodes is the amateur community.

Not one manufacturers application notes mention them.

No industrial product that Im aware uses them.

The one ham amp manufacturer mentioned has a reputation of power supply
problems.

Most of us realize that the diodes of the 60's had problems but is there any
reason to continue it almost a half century later?

Fact or mythology?

Carl
KM1H