Re: [Amps] re dishtronix amp

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] re dishtronix amp
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:06:46 -0600
At 01:29 PM 1/22/2008, Pete Smith wrote:....
>A couple of years ago, at Dayton, Elecraft showed a prototype legal-limit
>amplifier with similar SO2R capabilities and a built-in antenna tuner, that
>they tentatively priced at US$6000.  If they bring that to market once the
>K3 is well launched, and it works as advertised, then it would be a bargain
>compared to two self-tune amps by any manufacturer.

the dish.. makes the elecraft ( with a tuner)  look cheap.....
from a very credible source.....

the best part of the website ...  at least the part I like is ; I paraphrase
"should the company go out of business the parts are available at
mouser / digikey %$#@%@$#...

has anyone ever seen one , other than at dayton ????

bill