[Amps] Think about Cycle 24 warnings from NASA... PreventiveSteps???

To: Gudguyham@aol.com
Subject: [Amps] Think about Cycle 24 warnings from NASA... PreventiveSteps???
From: schuetzen <chasm@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:36:06 -0600
Gudguyham@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/28/2008 11:12:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> tjjapha@earthlink.net writes:
>
> Hey all  you birdwatchers out there.  Robins are nice, but how abt.  finding
> some sunspots?
> 73,
> Tony,  N2UN
>

> Tony, good idea.  Lately there has been a lot of talk about the fact  that we
> are in or have past the full bottom of the cycle.  There is  probably a fine
> line there.  The general consensus is that there are better  days a comin'.
> hope that is true.  I will probably be a few years  anyway until the
> propagation is anywhere near peak.  We will have to be  ready for the few
> openings we
> might get this summer on 6 meters.   Lou

better days a coming.. in this case, beware what you wish for...

you all might want to go to
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/10may_longrange.htm

and read the long range solar forecast from NASA.
we are coming into a solar max so severe that its like has not been seen
since 1958. that is really cranking up about 2010

The next cycle will be #25 and it will be the bicentennial cycle which
brought us the mini ice age of 1780 to 1820  -- remember the Potomac R
crossing? Napoleon's retreat from Russia?  Potato famine, French
changing to wheat from barley or is that v.v. because one would grow in
40 degree high summer temps and the other would not?? don't remember all
the details.
yada....

lots of good info there.  after reading the Forecast, go read the Solar
Storm Warning... which is about SCycle #24 which we MAY be in right now.

you can call this an Al Gore style warning but I tend to believe NASA
since they try to protect the astronauts on station.

further, what if they are right???  what can we do now to protect our
rigs and antennas, etc from an electrical feed superstructure which
could possibly be blowing transformers in your neighborhood???  in 1958,
they watched auroras in MEXICO!!!

something to think about.

fwiw
chas.k5dam