Re: [Amps] (no subject)

To: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>, "amps" <amps@contesting.com>, "Colin Lamb" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] (no subject)
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:11:25 -0500
Ive used similar sized caps at about 1/2 to 2/3 of their voltage in generic
FW and also doubler supplies with no sign of heating. These were fairly
popular 10-20 years ago for home brew and reports were that they invariably
failed when pushed much higher.

I wasnt about to doubt the reports and generate an explosion to verify.

Carl
KM1H