Re: [Amps] DRAKE L7 AMPLIFIERS ON EBAY>>>>

To: Fern Rivard <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: [Amps] DRAKE L7 AMPLIFIERS ON EBAY>>>>
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:10:58 -0400
Fern Rivard wrote:
>     Also, I'd noticed that the seller kept saying that all the gear was brand
> new unused so I contacted him to remind him that several of the items were
> definitely used with scratches on front panels and with a ham call sign
> attached to rear of one of the unit. He did reply to me that he had made some
> mistakes in his posting descriptions. Some of the gear appears to have been
> exposed to high humidity or water with all of the white markings on the
> panels.
>     73 from Fern

After some searching I found the L7s. Yes, the photo is of the one,
unless they both have the same S#.<:-))  With  the number of items sold
and reasonably good rating I'd guess they are a legit auction house with
absolutely no clue about ham equipment.  They prematurely listed the
amps without power supplies, then listed the wrong power supplies for
the amps.

The amps look clean, use common and relatively inexpensive tubes,
circuit design is standard so for today's equipment they are about as
good as any amp.

On most amps the 10 meter activation is trivial, but the only link I
found was to e-mail some one for permission to get photos and
descriptions at the "virtual museum". Other groups are far more open.

73

Roger (K8RI)