Re: [Amps] SB220 "A" mods

To: "Amps" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 "A" mods
From: "Harold Mandel" <hmandel@barantelecom.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:28:55 -0400
 Using open wire, 600 ohm feeders and running
QROO with ten feet of feedline in the shack
gave me fits on several bands, with various speakers
grumbling about as audio was transmitted.

Aside from using 40 or 50 of the ferrite beads
and an equal amount of bypass caps on just
about every audio and power like, the feedback continued.

It did diminish, however, and I found the following
culprit:  Tarnish.

Wherever a speaker lead used one of those spade
connectors the speaker would squawk ( A Klipsch term).

So I soldered all the speaker wire connectors and the noise
went away.  On the big stereo it was necessary to add
some .01's on the spkr terms.
Hal

{snip}
 Sorry but no. A speaker can not "rectify" RF.
Not the speakers...the transistors in the audio amplifier driving them!
The RF is picked up on the speaker wires.
{snip}