Re: [Amps] EMI Filtering

To: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] EMI Filtering
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:47:00 -0400
Ive built the one that was in QST December 1985 as well as Handbooks.

It was built into commercial metal outlet strips for 120V.

For 240V I used #12 wire and a longer rod and duplicated the inductance of
the smaller one. These are built into small Hammond chassis with cover and
are just an IN and OUT.

Ive built about 8 for 120V and 4 for 240V to use at all operating positions.

They work well as numerous family and neighbor complaints were solved plus
less crud in the receivers.

Carl
KM1H