Re: [Amps] mounting a vacuum cap

To: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] mounting a vacuum cap
From: "Harold Mandel" <hmandel@barantelecom.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:35:00 -0400
The blue painted housing is for the threaded shaft
accommodation.  There is no problem with its protrusion.

Matter-of-fact, in my last amplifier project the RF head used
a 3/8" thick aluminum mount for the vacuum caps. My mill would
only handle a 1" bore at the time, so what I did was to turn the
bell housing down some .375 and mount it over the 1" hole in
the bracket. The connection to the front panel bushing was with
a flexible ceramic coupling  with the entire bracket in the tank.

Hal