Re: [Amps] Replacing 811A with 572B

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Replacing 811A with 572B
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 22:35:53 -0400
Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
> Why waste the money ... four 572Bs are half again to twice the

Waste?  When compared to most tubes in the 1KW to legal limit either the
811 or 572s are down right inexpensive.  OTOH the 572s are much more
rugged and tolerant.   They should run until they die of old age. So,
when I look at  it that way the 572s are less expensive over time than
the 811s.  Of course you can't get that cherry glow as quickly out of
the 572s as with the 811s<:-))

To me it's a good choice (IF they'll fit)

73

Roger (K8RI)